The Albuquerque Poet Laureate Organizing Committee invites nominations and applications for the 2020-22 Albuquerque Poet Laureate. A nomination is not required for a poet to apply; rather, nominations are meant to encourage and inspire poets to serve their community in the capacity of Poet Laureate. Any poet who currently lives in the Albuquerque Metro Area, has been a resident for 5 or more years, and is 21 years of age or older is eligible.
Applications are due by March 22nd, 2020 and can be submitted using the form below.
Every application packet must contain the following; please follow the link to the to the application form and complete. On the uploaded files, please make sure you’re name appears on the files name (for example, “Sample Poems-Don McIver”)
- In 50 words or less, why does poetry matter?
- In 50 words or less, what do you believe a Poet Laureate can do for Albuquerque?
- In 100 words or less, How do you currently engage with ABQ communities? Which communities would you like to reach through poetry and why?
- Letter of Interest (not to exceed two pages)
- Resume or CV. Please check whether the CV/resume includes the following: a list of publications (including publishers, dates of publication, ISBN numbers and/or acknowledgement of any self-published works), a list of awards and honors, a list of public readings and/or performances.
- Samples of Work (up to ten poems)
- Organizational Letter of Recommendation
- Additional Letter of Recommendation
- In 50 words or less, Propose an idea for a signature community outreach project that culminates in an event and/or publication and/or installation, etc.