The Albuquerque Poet Laureate Organizing Committee invites nominations and applications for the 2016-18 Albuquerque Poet Laureate. A nomination is not required for a poet to apply; rather, nominations are meant to encourage and inspire poets to serve their community in the capacity of Poet Laureate. Any poet who currently lives in the Albuquerque Metro Area, has been a resident for 5 or more years, and is 21 years of age or older is eligible.
Applications are due by January 22, 2016 and can be submitted using the form below.
If you run into browser / form issues, you can also submit here >
Every application packet must contain the following; please scroll down to the application form for further details on each item:
- In 50 words or less, why does poetry matter?
- In 50 words or less, what do you believe a Poet Laureate can do for Albuquerque?
- 5 to 10 short, bullet-point-y ideas for community service or engagement
- Letter of Interest (not to exceed two pages)
- Resume or CV
- Samples of Work (up to ten poems)
- Organizational Letter of Recommendation
- Additional Letter of Recommendation
- Project Proposal and Budget